Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Never Win

So Jenny went to some school reading class. I'm not sure why, I'm pretty sure she knows how to read...actually, it's a class on how to help your 1st grader learn how to read.

It was my job to watch the kids and get them to bed early. Being the diligent father that I am, when 7:30 arrived the children were jammy'd up, teeth brushed, and allergy medicined up. I send everyone to bed and proceed to get Jack ready. I even provided piggy back rides for Madi and Allie.

First, Jack goes down. No problem. Second and third are Hannah and Allie. Not as easy as Jack, but still not too bad. Madison's turn. As she heads down the hall, I give her a hug, kiss and wish her goodnight.

"Night Dad." almost like she is bored.

"Love you Madi." I say.

She responds, "Love you too Dad. But Mom loves me more."

What the?!?! Was that necessary?

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Madi cracks me up! Did you ask her why or how she knows "mom loves her more?" I would have loved to hear her 8 year old reasons.

Jenna said...

Too funny, your kiddos sound so much like ours...Dad's never get their fair share. Okay, okay...I admit I have been secretly reading your blog for several months now, found it off of Mikelle and Chris's, I mean how many Jenny Beth and Scott couples are out there do you suppose? Anyhow, we recently moved out West again and would love to see you all sometime, if you would like to see us in return, let me know. Hope so!

Jen said...

LOL! Madi is hilarious. I agree with Stacy her answers on "why" would have been just as hilarious.

I guess it is the same as Hannah asking me "do you even know what you are doing?" trying to string beads on a string....apparently I haven't developed the bead stringing skill set yet in my 33 years!

Angela and Kevin Reese said...

The ingrate!

Unknown said...

Hey, we're in St. George now, not at all where we thought we would end up, but nonetheless really felt like this was the place...if you guys are ever headed in this direction let us know and we'll do the same if we're headed up north, maybe if we're really organized we can coordinate everyone we know sometime in one place.
-Jenna

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

I love your blog.
MJ