Saturday, April 12, 2008

Man, they learn fast!

Little Allie continues to amuse me. This next entry may reflect poorly on my parenting skills, but it's too funny not to share.

Poor Allie ran over her hand while riding her tricycle. Honestly, I don't know how you crash on a trike, but she did. Her injuries were very minor. She actually ran over her finger and had bruising under the fingernail.

Of course, it is her middle finger that she smushed. As you might imagine, Allie now flips everyone off when showing them her boo-boo. I find this to be humorous. I know I shouldn't, but I do.

Jenny and the girls came to my office for lunch last week. While there, my office neighbor, Veronica, came in to say hi to the family. I asked Allie to show Veronica her owie. Of course, she refused and I was left to bribing my 2 year old. After offering her some candy, Allie willing gave Veronica "the bird". It brought a good chuckle to everyone and Allie got her candy.

About 3 minutes later, Allie again ran up to Veronica. In one quick motion she flips her off saying, "See my owie!" Allie then immediately turns around sticks out her hand and says, "I have more candy now?"

Maybe I should have thought that through a bit more.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hilarious! That little Allie is going to be your trouble maker.

Jackie B. said...

Too funny! hey Scott & Jenny! your kids are adorable! I am glad my sister Natalie found your blog.
Jackie (Ostler) Brown
brown-spot.blogspot.com