Saturday, April 12, 2008

Home Teaching Companion

Our ward recently split and I have a new home teaching companion. Just like any typical month, I waited until the last Sunday to do my home teaching. Unfortunately, my new companion had other plans and went North that Sunday.

Being a diligent home teacher, I set my appointments anyway and off I went. Since our ward constitutes only half of our neighborhood, most of my families are within walking distance. My first appointment was 4 houses down the street.

I am sitting in my first appointment, I've been there between 5 to 10 minutes and we are enjoying the "catch-up" conversations. All of the sudden their front door swings open (their house is layed out exactly like ours) and we hear "Hi guys, I'm ready to play!"

Lo and behold, little Allie has wandered out of our house, dinked around as she strolled down the street and walked right into the neighbor's house.

Hmmmm...maybe I need some sort of talking door that announces when my kids are coming and going.

1 comment:

Nat said...

That is a GREAT Story! It has made my morning!