Saturday, May 22, 2010

We've come a long way

So Madi had her first softball game of the season on Thursday.   All was going very well.  She got up to bat and I started cheering...nothing embarrassing, just a "you can do it Madi."  I saw her look over at me a few times, but thought nothing of it.  Well, she struck out, and she was okay with that.  But, she walked over to me in the bleachers and said "Mom, I have a favor to ask of you.  Will you please not cheer for me like that, you just make me nervous.  I can't do this when I'm nervous."  I said "okay."  She returned to the dugout and the game went on.  EVERY parent around me we laughing at this exchange. 

Now, although I found some humor in the situation, I was also incredibly relieved that she had so calmly come over and asked me not to cheer.  It was only 3 years ago that the same kid came running down the sideline of her soccer game yelling at me, "Stop yelling so loud Mom.  I don't want to play this anymore!  Why are you making me do this?"  So... I think it's safe to say that we have come a long way.  Thank goodness!

3 comments:

Jen said...

LOL! You guys have come a long way. I'm glad you guys are posting more often. When are the kids games. I want to come to a few if I can!

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

I wish I could have been there!

Angela and Kevin Reese said...

Oh Madison. You know Jenny, you do have a really loud voice.