Sunday, September 28, 2008

Soccer or Clean

It always amazes me at the choices people make. Everyone has a different way of looking at things. Take Madison for example.

It's Saturday morning and I have made the painfully stupid mistake of signing my family up to clean the church building on Jenny's birthday. As if that wasn't dumb enough, I also double booked the cleaning with Hannah's soccer game. (This is why Moms run the house and not Dads).

Since it was Jenny's b-day, she opted to take Hannah to her game and let me clean the church. Allie choose to go see Hannah play soccer. Madison was asked which she would prefer, church cleaning or Hannah's game. I thought it was a no brainer. Madison thought for a moment and said, "Well, since I love Jesus, I better go clean the church."

I was so impressed. She then followed it up with, "Do we get to use those grabber things so we don't have to bend down to pick up the trash?" Ahh...the truth comes out...Madi just wanted to use the grabber.

1 comment:

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

I love that she know what she should be saying despite ulterior motives.
MJ