Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fast Sunday

Have you ever been talking with your kids and realized you failed to explain something to them, but you've been talking to them about it for months. "Fast Sunday" is the topic I forgot to explain to Madison.

We are sitting in church and the girls are eating their snacks. We don't start challenging the kids to fast until their 8. Madi is still a few months away. Being the sweet little angel that she is, Madi offered me a fruit snack. Since it was Fast Sunday, I respectfully declined the snack and explained, "Thanks sweetie, but today is Fast Sunday."

Since I've never really explained Fast Sunday, Madi got a huge smile on her face and said, "You mean we get to leave right this meeting?"

Although I thought that wasn't such a bad idea I said, "No, we go without food on Fast Sunday."

Still trying to work it, she replied, "Right, so we need to be fast and get home so we can eat!"

If only it worked liked that.

3 comments:

Taya said...

Scott,

Thia is Taya, Tawna's twin, and I am blog stalking your cute family thru nate & Tawna's blog! I absolutely love the last 3 stories you guys are funny!!! Cute kids!

Jen said...

I think i will be implementing Madi's definition of Fast Sunday as it sounds much better than actual Fast Sunday. She cracks me up.

She won't find it very funny in a few months when she turns 8....LOL!

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

What a smart girl. I like her logic.
MJ