Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Going Poolside

For those of you that have seen me in the past 10 years, you know that I am fat. There's no hiding it. Madison, in her innocence, has not noticed. Could be that I've been a large man for her entire life.

That being said, Madison has decided to create a list of all the family activities that she would like to do before school starts. One is to go to a public pool. Jenny tries to graciously explain that "Daddy isn't big on going to the pool."

Madison does not accept this answer and asks the age old "Why not?" I quickly reply, because Dad is fat and shouldn't be seen in a swimsuit. (I say it more in teasing, I really am not a girl).
Bless her heart, Madison comes running across the room and gives me a hug saying, "Don't worry Dad. When I went to the pool with Aunt Jen, I saw lots of fat people in swimsuits. I am sure you would look just as good as them!"

Guess I have to go to the pool.

2 comments:

Nat said...

I just love how your kids love you not matter what you think of yourself. Go to the Pool Scott! You will make a great memory for the kids. I have to block out in our family trips to the beach how FAT I am. If I cam do it so can you! GO HAVE FUN!!

Anonymous said...

I love that now that I am so OLD I have started to care less and less about what other people think about me...especially in a swim suit! Obviously we try to be healthy but seriously..who cares what anybody else thinks. When we go to the beach I always say "I could look better...but I could definitely look a LOT worse!" Go and have fun with your family!