Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back to School

I like my job. I think I have a pretty good job. It pays the bills, gets me home at a descent time and has great perks. For some reason I get the vibe that my kids feel differently.

It's Saturday night dinner. Everything is very casual. The kids have been scattered around the house doing various activities. Madi and Hannah have been watching tv. Usually they are watching something we Tivo'd and skip through the commercials. Evidentally, this was not the case today.

As we are trying to figure out who-gets-what leftovers, Madison says, "Hey Dad, have you ever heard of Eagle's Gate College?"

"Umm, no." I replied.

"Well, you can go back to school there and get training for a better job."

"Thanks Madi, but I already have a good job."

"But, they get you out of your deadend job and into a job that can take you places."

I am seriously cutting back on the amount of tv that kid gets to watch.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Your Girls are so funny! Sometimes kids just say such funny things.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Hey...my daughter doesn't ever want to be a Mom...so that tells you what she thinks of my job and how well I do it! Chance, on the other hand, wants to grow up and be a "Glass Man" just like his daddy!

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

you ought to get Madi thinking about how to achieve world piece. I am sure she will figure it out.

heather b. said...

At least she is looking out for your best interest.